School matinee performances are ticketed differently than evening shows. Most matinees are attended by students who are bused to the theater. However, usually there is availability for small groups and individuals. Please read this first before placing your order for tickets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Alberta Bair Theater has a “no babes in arms” policy for any performance. Each attendee must have a ticket.
Student matinees are specially priced as part of ABT’s education program and many evening performances have student priced tickets. Call the box office for details.
The ABT presents a variety of special matinee performances throughout the school year. Most shows connect directly with curriculum. Others are pure entertainment. There is something for everyone from pre-kindergarten through high school.
School Matinee Ticket Information
Please read carefully!
For orders of less than 10: Tickets can be purchased at the ABT box office or by phone at 256-6052 (Monday through Friday 10:00am-5:00pm). Seating is general admission as assigned by ABT staff. There are no refunds unless a performance is cancelled or postponed. If available, tickets can also be purchased on the day of the performance, 30 minutes prior to each performance.
For orders of 10 or more: Fill out the order form ABT 2019-20 Student Matinee Ticket Form and follow instructions below.
- Be sure to indicate method of payment, transportation and special needs. Incomplete order forms will not be processed. Ticket prices are the same for teachers, chaperones and students. Please provide at least one adult for every 20 students. Please note the recommended grade levels for each show…call us if you need more explanation.
- How to submit your order form:
- Mail: Alberta Bair Theater, Education Dept., P.O. Box 1556, Billings, MT 59103
- Fax: (406) 256-5060 Attention: Education Department
- Email: Arlo Thomas
- Hand-deliver: ABT Executive Office, GW Building, 2722 3rd Ave N, Suite 200 (Weekdays 9:00am–5:00pm)
- Your order will be confirmed in writing upon receipt of payment.
- Seats are reserved and held for your school/group. Seating assignments are made at the discretion of ABT staff based upon special needs, age of students, receipt of payment, transportation needs and NOT the date the order is placed.
Changes & Cancellations
Extra seats: Additional seat requests will be accommodated whenever possible.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: All sales are final once payment or purchase order is received. No refunds or exchanges will be given unless a performance is canceled or postponed by the ABT or schools are closed due to inclement weather.
Instructions will be emailed to your school’s “contact person” approximately two weeks prior to the show. We use three different entrances for our student matinees. Your school will be given a specific entrance to drop off and pick up students. Please make sure the bus drivers receive these instructions.
Name of school: Buses must have a sign in the side window with the name of school and the number (Big Timber #1, Big Timber #2, etc) if sending more than one bus. Bus Parking is available east of the theater on 4th Avenue North past North 25th Street or on 27th Street South and Minnesota Avenue, three blocks south of the theater.
Questions: Call Arlo Thomas at (406) 294-5206 or (406) 256-8915
Seating assignments are made at the discretion of ABT staff based upon special needs of students, age of students, receipt of payment, and transportation needs. Be sure to include your chaperones in your total count.
We recommend arriving at the theater 30 minutes prior to curtain time. (9:00am for a 9:30am show and 12:00 for a 12:30pm show.) If your school is traveling a long distance we recommend an earlier arrival to facilitate the use of restrooms prior to the performance.
Most student matinees run a maximum of 60 minutes with no intermission. Please check with the box office to confirm how long a specific performance is.