The Volunteer Corps is a key element of support at every event at Alberta Bair Theater.
Volunteers have a variety of roles – serving as ticket takers, ushers, and concessions workers, assisting in the Box Office or Executive Office, and helping on special projects. Since the ABT’s opening in 1987, this tireless group has donated thousands of hours toward audience comfort, smooth-sailing front of house operations, and the Theater’s overall success. If you’d like to help create an excellent patron experience, please download an ABT Volunteer Application.
As a volunteer you will serve the theater in a most important capacity: representing ABT to the people of our community. The first impression a patron receives upon arrival, and one of the most lasting impressions of the theater, is the quality of service received from our volunteers. We provide volunteers with training and assist in shaping our proud and efficient corps of volunteers.
- Greet the public and make everyone feel welcome
- Assist patrons to their seats and distribute programs
- Take tickets
- Pick up trash below seats after a performance
- At student matinees: assist in unloading/loading children to buses, direct school chaperones to designated seating area
- Computer data entry
- Bulk mailings
- General clerical duties
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be well-groomed and personable
- Have an interest in the performing arts
- Be able to interact with the public in a hospitable manner and act calmly in busy situations or an emergency
- Volunteers are expected to be available to work two events a month, most often evenings and weekends
- Box office volunteers must commit to a minimum of three hours per week, Monday through Saturday
- Executive office volunteers are on an on-call/as-needed basis
- Volunteers must be punctual and reliable
Benefits of Volunteering
While volunteering is its own reward, Alberta Bair Theater recognizes the value of the volunteer contribution with the following benefits:
- Volunteers can win comp tickets to a variety of performances
- Invitation to an annual volunteer appreciation event hosted by Alberta Bair Theater
If you have a group that is interested in helping the community through the theater, we may have special projects!
Download a Volunteer Application. For more information contact: House Manager (406) 294-5204