The Volunteer Corps is a key element of support at every event at the Alberta Bair Theater.
The volunteers have a variety of roles – serving as ticket takers, ushers, and concessions workers, serving on the Hospitality Committee, assisting in the Ticket Office and Executive Office, and helping on special projects. This tireless group has donated thousands of hours since the ABT’s opening toward audience comfort, smooth-sailing performances, and the Theater’s overall success. Download a volunteer application.
As a volunteer you will serve the theater in a most important capacity. You will represent the ABT to the people of our community. The first impression a patron receives upon arrival and one of the most lasting impressions of the theater is the quality services received from our volunteers. We will provide you with training, answer questions about your position and assist you in any way we can in becoming a vital part of our proud and efficient corps of volunteers. Volunteers work in many capacities at the theater so your duties may vary from assignment to assignment.
- Greet the public and make everyone feel welcome
- Assist patrons to their seats and distribute programs
- Take tickets
- Computer data entry
- Bulk mailings
- General clerical duties
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be well-groomed and personable
- Have an interest in the performing arts
- Be able to deal with the public in a hospitable manner and act calmly in an emergency
- Volunteers are expected to be available to work two events a month, most often evenings and weekends
- Box office volunteers must commit to a minimum of three hours per week, Monday through Saturday
- Executive office volunteers are on an on-call/as-needed basis
- Volunteers must be punctual and reliable
Benefits of Volunteering
While volunteering is its own reward, the Alberta Bair Theater recognizes the value of the volunteer contribution with the following benefits:
- Volunteers can win comp tickets to a variety of performances
- Invitation to an annual volunteer appreciation event hosted by the Alberta Bair Theater and paid employees
If you have a group that is interested in helping the community through the theater, we have special projects! Download a volunteer application. For more information contact: Lisa Posada-Griffin, House Manager/Volunteer Coordinator (406) 294-5204 firstname.lastname@example.org